Support individuals who are distressed
In this course, you will learn about why people that you support may experience distress, how to support them through periods of distress, and how to record and report incidents.
There are many reasons for why a person may become distressed, every person is different. How people react to stress can be very different too. Whatever the reasons of their distress, it is
important that you are able to offer support and comfort, and to reduce and relieve the distress wherever possible.
You will learn how to help to support a person who is distressed using an individual and holistic approach to help to reduce and relieve their distress. The person’s condition can change, so it is also important that you know how to keep an eye on this.
In this course you will learn about:
1. causes and effects of distress
2. how to prepare to support individuals who are experiencing distress
3. how to support individuals through periods of distress
4. how to support individuals to reduce distress
5. how to record and report on an individual’s distress.
The Learning Support Team at Courses For Jobs have extensive experience of delivering learning, and supporting learners to gain new knowledge and new skills.