Enrol Yourself Now
The Care Certificate is an induction training programme for new starters within health and social care.
The Care Certificate is a key component of the overall induction that employers must provide to their staff, legally and in order to meet the essential standards set out by the Care Quality Commission.
The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health.
The Care Certificate is an agreed set of standards that define the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of specific job roles in the health and social care sectors. It is made up of the 15 standards that should be provided during induction training for those new to care work, and ideally also for those changing jobs, and should form part of a robust induction programme.
The Care Certificate is line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by Skills for Care and endorsed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and other professional and regulatory bodies in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Care Certificate course contents
The 15 Standards of the Care Certificate covered in this course are the following standards:
- Care Certificate Standard 1 - Understand your role
- Care Certificate Standard 2 - Your personal development
- Care Certificate Standard 3 - Duty of care
- Care Certificate Standard 4 - Equality and diversity
- Care Certificate Standard 5 - Work in a person-centred way
- Care Certificate Standard 6 - Communication
- Care Certificate Standard 7 - Privacy and dignity
- Care Certificate Standard 8 - Fluids and nutrition
- Care Certificate Standard 9 - Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Care Certificate Standard 10 - Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Care Certificate Standard 11 - Safeguarding children
- Care Certificate Standard 12 - Basic life support
- Care Certificate Standard 13 - Health and safety
- Care Certificate Standard 14 - Handling information
- Care Certificate Standard 15 - Infection prevention and control
Who is the Care Certificate for?
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Support Workers
- Allied Healthcare Workers
- Team Leaders
- Voluntary Staff working in all areas of care
- Anyone changing jobs within the care sector
- Anyone who has not studied for a while and needs an update
Requirements for the Care Certificate:
- The Care Certificate is openly available to everyone
- No prior learning knowledge or experience is required
- Your time
- Your motivation
- Access to an internet-enabled device to login to the course.
How this Care Certificate course is delivered
This Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 course is delivered in plain text reading materials made for easy access for low internet-bandwidth devices, and small screens such as mobile phones and tablets.
This delivery style makes our Care Certificate course inclusive for busy people who may not necessarily have access to a broadband-connected desktop during their working day or night, and also for international students whose internet-connectivity may be of low bandwidth.
No downloads required during the course. On completion a Digital Certificate is available to the student which they can take a screenshot of, instead of download.
This Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 is available to everyone, in the UK or outside the UK. There are no geographical restrictions, and no eligibility criteria.
The Care Certificate Standards 1 to Standard 15 is delivered online by Courses For Jobs Ltd in our secure password-protected LMS (Learning Management System).
All the learner needs to undertake this course is a functioning email address so that their login details can be emailed to the learner.
How this Care Certificate course is assessed
The online materials include quizzes and activities.
Completion of the assessments provides evidence towards meeting the knowledge and competence requirements of each of the unit standards.
Career path after completion of the Care Certificate
After completion of the Care Certificate, successful learners will:
- Apply for jobs in care
- Care Assistants can enrol on to the Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF) which is recognised by Skills For Care and CQC
- Existing care staff changing jobs can use the Care Certificate to show evidence of keeping up to date.
We offer the same Care Certificate 15 Standards course in two delivery forms:
- an eLearning bundle with 15 separate mini-courses for those who want a completion certificate for each Care Certificate Standard. These 15 separate courses are available at £10 through this link
- And we also offer the exact same full Care Certificate content as a separate One Large Course (this one) with one Completion Certificate for the whole course.
Learners can choose either delivery option according to their preferences.
Use the links below to pay us via our Stripe Checkout
Bulk Payment for 5 persons at £7.60 per learner enrolment.
Bulk Payment for 10 persons at £7.40 per learner enrolment.
Once we have received the cleared payment, we will email the Buyer to obtain details of the learner or learners, for enrolment.
For instant access to a course, please pay the fee listed for the course. Once you complete payment on Checkout, you can immediately gain access to the course through your Dashboard.
You must use a valid card with sufficient funds to pay for your course.
If you card is declined on our Checkout, re-entering the same declined card repeatedly on our Checkout will not change the failed payment.
Some international students repeatedly enter the same declined card on our Checkout, even after it has been declined several times (one person did this 14 times in one one day), without seeming to understand the implication for themselves in how their card issuer may view their use of their payment card. Don't do that! If you do that, your card-issuer and/or bank will judge your financial behaviour as showing high-risk of fraud, and the banks may block your card.
If your card is declined at Checkout, you should ask your Bank or your Card issuer why they did not authorise your payment.
If your payment fails at Checkout, don't email us to ask us why your card payment was not authorised by your back, as we (Courses For Jobs Ltd) are not your bank and therefore we won't know why your card was declined.
See https://www.coursesforjobs.com/pages/login-support for further guidance.
If your card payment fails, ask someone else with a valid card to make the payment on your behalf, and give them back the cash equivalent.
See below, the link for your sponsor to use to pay for you or someone else.