Enrol Yourself Now
To Pay for Someone Else, to Bulk Pay for several people, please scroll down this page below to see the additional payment links.
Enrol Yourself Now. Save £17 on usual fees
Care Certificate Payment Links to pay for Others
Use the Payment Links shown below to pay us via our Stripe Checkout
Pay For Someone Else
Pay for one person at £10/learner
Bulk Payment for 5 persons at £9.40 per learner enrolment.
Pay £47 for 5 learners to study
Bulk Payment for 10 persons at £9 per learner enrolment.
Pay £90 for 10 learners to study
Bulk Payment for 15 persons at £8.40 per learner enrolment.
Pay £126 for 15 learners to study
Once we have received the cleared payment, we will email the Buyer to obtain details of the learner or learners, for enrolment.
Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 in 15 courses
15 Completion Certificates, one per Care Standards
The Care Certificate is an induction training programme for new starters within health and social care, providing Skills For Care approved training.
The Care Certificate is a key component of the overall induction that employers must provide to their staff, legally and in order to meet the essential standards set out by the Care Quality Commission.
The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health.
The Care Certificate is an agreed set of standards that define the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of specific job roles in the health and social care sectors. It is made up of the 15 standards that should be provided during induction training for those new to care work, and ideally also for those changing jobs, and should form part of a robust induction programme.
The Care Certificate is line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by Skills for Care and endorsed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and other professional and regulatory bodies in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Care Certificate course contents
The 15 Standards of the Care Certificate covered in this course are the following standards:
- Care Certificate Standard 1 - Understand your role
- Care Certificate Standard 2 - Your personal development
- Care Certificate Standard 3 - Duty of care
- Care Certificate Standard 4 - Equality and diversity
- Care Certificate Standard 5 - Work in a person-centred way
- Care Certificate Standard 6 - Communication
- Care Certificate Standard 7 - Privacy and dignity
- Care Certificate Standard 8 - Fluids and nutrition
- Care Certificate Standard 9 - Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Care Certificate Standard 10 - Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Care Certificate Standard 11 - Safeguarding children
- Care Certificate Standard 12 - Basic life support
- Care Certificate Standard 13 - Health and safety
- Care Certificate Standard 14 - Handling information
- Care Certificate Standard 15 - Infection prevention and control
Course Delivery style
This Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 course is delivered in plain text reading materials made for easy access for low internet-bandwidth devices, and small screens such as mobile phones and tablets. No downloads required during the course. All the learner needs to undertake this course is a functioning email address so that their login details can be emailed to the learner.
On completion of each course, a Digital Certificate is instantly available to the student for download.
How the Care Certificate is assessed
The online materials include quizzes and activities.
Completion of the quizzes and tests provides evidence towards meeting the knowledge and competence requirements of each of the Care Certificate standards.
Care Certificate course contents
Detailed Course Content of the 15 Care Certificate Standards
Care certificate Standard 1 - Understand Your Role
- Your responsibilities as a care worker,
- Understand own role
- Work in ways that have been agreed with your employer
- Understand working relationships in health and social care
- Work in partnership with others
Care certificate Standard 2 – Your Personal Development
- importance of personal development at work,
- understand different types of qualifications in the UK
- how to create your personal development plan and why this is important.
- how to develop your own knowledge, understanding and skills
- Understand core skills,
- use of supervision, appraisals and SMART objectives.
Care certificate Standard 3 – Duty of Care
- the importance of duty of care in your role,
- how duty of care contributes to safe practice,
- support available for addressing dilemmas that may arise about duty of care,
- the ways to deal with comments, complaints, incidents, errors and near misses in your work,
- using policies and incident forms.
Care certificate Standard 4 – Equality and Diversity
- the meaning of equality, diversity, discrimination,
- the different types of discrimination, at the barriers to equality and diversity in care, The Equality Act 2010 and the nine protected characteristics.
- how to work in an inclusive way
Care certificate Standard 5 – Work in a person-centred way
- Understand person-centred values
- the importance of working in a person centred way, including the 6Cs of care,
- factors that may cause discomfort or distress
- how to support individuals to minimise pain or discomfort
- how to support the individual to maintain their identity and self-esteem
- how to support individuals using the person-centred approach, the Care Act 2014 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Care certificate Standard 6 – Communication
- effective communication and why it is important in your role,
- different types of communication, including verbal and non-verbal communication,
- how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals,
- how to support the use of communication aids and technologies
- why confidentiality in care is vital, and when confidentiality can be broken.
Care certificate Standard 7 – Privacy and dignity
- the principles that underpin privacy and dignity in care,
- how to maintain and respect privacy and dignity, and raise concerns
- helping individuals to make informed choices
- how to support active participation
Care certificate Standard 8 – Fluids and nutrition
- the importance of nutrition and hydration,
- importance of food safety and the relevant food safety legislation
- how to assess nutrition and hydration needs in a person-centred way
- circumstances that may affect an individual’s food and drink choice, such as beliefs, preferences, health conditions, medicines and support needed for individuals to eat and drink.
Care certificate Standard 9 – Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
- awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities,
- relevant key legislation,
- the ways to promote communication with individuals who have learning disabilities,
- common mental health problems,
- meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided
Care certificate Standard 10 – Safeguarding Adults
- the importance of safeguarding vulnerable adults
- what constitutes harm
- why an individual may be vulnerable to harm or abuse
- types of abuse that can occur, including Domestic Violence and Abuse Awareness
- signs and symptoms that indicate when a person is being abused,
- relevant legislation that applies to safeguarding vulnerable adults,
- how to reduce the likelihood of abuse
- how to record and report any safeguarding concerns.
Care certificate Standard 11 – Safeguarding Children
- the importance of safeguarding children,
- types of abuse children can experience
- signs and symptoms that indicate a child is being abused.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Risk factors that increase the likelihood of abuse of a child in their own home
- Your Role in Safeguarding Children
- how to record and report safeguarding concerns.
Care certificate Standard 12 – Basic life support
- basic life support training,
- importance of CPR and the role of hand-only CPR,
- signs and causes of cardiac arrest,
- causes of an obstructed airway
- treatment of choking in adults, infants and children
- UK Resuscitation Council Resuscitation Guidelines
Care certificate Standard 13 – Health and Safety
- health and safety in care settings,
- main health and safety legislation that apply to health and social care workers, employer and employee responsibilities,
- health and safety in relation to administering medication, needles and sharps, moving and handling and using correct PPE
- promoting fire safety
- working securely
- managing stress
Care certificate Standard 14 – Handling information
- agreed ways of working and legislation regarding the recording, storing and sharing of information,
- importance of secure systems for recording, storing and sharing information,
- the eight Caldiott Principles,
- data protection principles and relevant legislation,
- how you can report concerns regarding the recording, storing or sharing of information internally, whistleblowing and reporting concerns externally
- data breaches and how to avoid them
- principles of good record keeping
- responsibilities of health and social care organisations under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Care certificate Standard 15 – Infection control
- different types of infections,
- the chain of infection, the entry and exit routes of transmission and how to break the chain of infection,
- short-term and long-term consequences of infections
- employer and employee responsibilities regarding infection control
- effective hand hygiene
- principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
Same Care Certificate content, three delivery options
Please read everything on this page.
To suit different needs, we provide three delivery options for the same Care Certificate 15 Standards course content. They aren't interchangeable. See
1) Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 with Fifteen courses in one bundle plus one bonus course, all for £10. Courses cost £27 when sold separately. Each Care Certificate Standard having it's own course and completion certificate. Total 15 completion certificates, one for each Care Certificate Standard, plus bonus course. See https://www.coursesforjobs.com/bundles/care-certificate-standards-fifteen-courses-in-one-bundle
2) Care Certificate content as One Large Course with one Completion Certificate, for £9. See
3) Care Certificate 15 Standards elearning bundle plus 2 Bonus Courses, all for £12. Courses cost £39 when bought separately. Save £27.
17 courses in one learning bundle, comprising 15 courses with each Care Certificate Standard having it's own course and completion certificate; and 2 Bonus coursea. Total 16 completion certificates, one for each of the 15 Care Certificate Standard and one completion certificate for each Bonus course.
Learners can choose one delivery option according to their preferences, but note that they aren't interchangeable.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when someone pays for you? When does one get to start the course?
If a person pays for someone else, we email the buyer and ask them to reply and tell us the names (First Name and Last Name) of the learner they paid for. We are very quick in contacting the buyer, usually within an hour if during working hours. The buyer must reply, as we won't take anyone else's word for it.
I was declined access at checkout. How can I pay?
We don't decline access to our Checkout. Your bank decides how you can use your payment card. If you don't have enough money in your account to pay for whatever you are trying to buy, your bank won't permit the payment, and your bank will decline the payment. See the Support Page for more information.
Can I pay in my country's local currency?
No, only British Pounds. We are a British company. We charge our course fees in British Pounds Sterling (GBP), and we only deliver the course after we have received payment in GBP.
Here are the 15 Care Certificate courses plus final overall course that are included in your Care Certificate learning bundle
If you can't immediately afford the one-off payment for the whole bundle, use the links to each of the Standards for PAYG (pay-as-you-go) for each of the 15 Standards. Once you have completed the 15 individual Standards, we will add the final course free to your Learner Account.
Health and Social Care UK National Standards and Codes of Conduct
Essential starting point for professional development for all UK care workers, care assistants, support workers, personal assistants, care leaders and managers, covers Level 2 to Level 5. Course is included in Bundles but can be studied alone.
Care Certificate Standard 1 - Understand Your Role
Care Certificate Standard 1 - Understand Your Role enables the Care Worker to understand their Role and their Responsibilities
Care Certificate Standard 2 - Your personal development
Care Certificate -Standard 2 - Your personal development
Care Certificate Standard 3 - Duty of care
Care Certificate Standard 3 - Duty of care
Care Certificate Standard 4 - Equality and Diversity
Care Certificate Standard 4 - Equality and Diversity. Pay £1 only for Skills for Care Certificate Standard, and Care Certificate Answers for Care Assistants and Carers
Care Certificate Standard 5 - Work in a person centred way
Care Certificate Standard 5 - Work in a person centred way