Overview and Objectives of this course
This e-learning session meets the Care Certificate Standard 4 requirements and the statutory and mandatory training requirements and learning outcomes for Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Level 1 in the UK Core Skills Training Framework (UK CSTF) - Promoting Equality and Diversity in healthcare settings
Promoting equality and diversity is at the heart of the NHS and Social Care.
As someone who works within health and social care, you can help ensure that everyone exercises fairness in all that is done to deliver high-quality and consistent care and services to all. This will lead to improvements in social care outcomes and health outcomes across the country.
About the full Care Certificate
The Care Certificate is an induction programme for new starters within health and social care.
The Care Certificate is a key component of the overall induction that employers must provide to their staff, legally and in order to meet the essential standards set out by the Care Quality Commission.
The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health.
The Care Certificate is an agreed set of standards that define the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of specific job roles in the health and social care sectors. It's made up of the 15 minimum standards that should be covered if you are 'new to care' or changing jobs, and should form part of a robust induction programme.
The Care Certificate is line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by Skills for Care, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies
Care Certificate course contents
The 15 Standards of the Care Certificate covered in this course are the following standards:
- Care Certificate Standard 1 - Understand your role
- Care Certificate Standard 2 - Your personal development
- Care Certificate Standard 3 - Duty of care
- Care Certificate Standard 4 - Equality and diversity
- Care Certificate Standard 5 - Work in a person-centred way
- Care Certificate Standard 6 - Communication
- Care Certificate Standard 7 - Privacy and dignity
- Care Certificate Standard 8 - Fluids and nutrition
- Care Certificate Standard 9 - Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Care Certificate Standard 10 - Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Care Certificate Standard 11 - Safeguarding children
- Care Certificate Standard 12 - Basic life support
- Care Certificate Standard 13 - Health and safety
- Care Certificate Standard 14 - Handling information
- Care Certificate Standard 15 - Infection prevention and control
Who is the Care Certificate for?
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Support Workers
- Allied Healthcare Workers
- Team Leaders
- Voluntary Staff working in all areas of care
- Anyone changing jobs within the care sector
- Anyone who has not studied for a while and needs an update
Requirements for the Care Certificate:
- The Care Certificate is openly available to everyone
- No prior learning knowledge or experience is required
- Your time
- Your motivation
- Access to an internet-enabled device to login to the course.
How this Care Certificate course is delivered
This Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 course is delivered in plain text reading materials made for easy access for low internet-bandwidth devices, and small screens such as mobile phones and tablets.
This delivery style makes our Care Certificate course inclusive for busy people who may not necessarily have access to a broadband-connected desktop during their working day or night, and also for international students whose internet-connectivity may be of low bandwidth.
No downloads required during the course. On completion a Digital Certificate is available to the student which they can take a screenshot of, instead of download.
This Care Certificate Standards 1 to 15 is available to everyone, in the UK or outside the UK. There are no geographical restrictions, and no eligibility criteria.
The Care Certificate Standards 1 to Standard 15 is delivered online by Courses For Jobs Ltd in our secure password-protected LMS (Learning Management System).
All the learner needs to undertake this course is a functioning email address so that their login details can be emailed to the learner.
How the Care Certificate is assessed
The online materials include quizzes and activities.
Completion of the assessments provides evidence towards meeting the knowledge and competence requirements of each of the unit standards.
Career path after completion of the Care Certificate
After completion of the Care Certificate, successful learners will:
- Show proof of their updated knowledge and understanding
- Apply for jobs in care that require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Show evidence as part of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements, e.g. doctors, nurses and allied health professionals